From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Trustees <trustees@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Bad license and attribution by ChromiumOS and CoreOS
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 04:13:06
1 On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 10:55 PM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > 1. Maybe a license and copyright violation claims should be filed
4 > directly to github? They should contact upstream fast.
7 I'd really suggest doing something like this only as a last resort.
8 If we made a well-intentioned but disputable change in a copyright
9 notice (cough, udev), would we want people calling our hosting
10 providers and such and starting the DMCA process?
11
12 I'd just reach out to them, and keep in mind that it is a weekend.
13 I'm sure it will get sorted out.
16 Rich