From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: comrel changes
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 08:47:16
1 On 24.02.2020 11:39, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2020-02-24 at 11:36 +0300, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
3 >> As a result we have more busywork, this all can be conveyed to Council
4 >> directly. Also this is unclear to me how a review body will decide what
5 >> to appeal and what hot to, as the data is still being kept private and
6 >> reviewers are going to only have a decision on hands. Having only
7 >> decision is not enough to start thinking ComRel did anything wrong
8 >> (well, unless there were direct rules violation, which, to my knowledge
9 >> has never been the case).
10 > The whole point is that the review body has direct access to all
11 > the data (i.e. bugzilla privs, comrel@ alias, IRC channels). Unlike
12 > your 'individual' it is considered trusted and therefore you don't have
13 > to 'prepare' data for it.
14 >
15 Then as a result you are going to have yet another semi-closed process
16 which does not make the entire procedure more transparent (which was the
17 main concern of this thread).