From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Notice of resignation of foundation membership
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 12:48:58
1 On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 1:44 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2018-12-08 at 15:33 -0800, Raymond Jennings wrote:
3 > > Well, apparently according to the bylaws, I need to give at least 30 days
4 > > notice per clause 4.8
5 > >
6 > > Additionally I never signed my email with GPG so it's probably not even
7 > > valid anyway.
8 > >
9 > > In the interim I've been encouraged to reconsider, so accordingly I'm
10 > > withdrawing my resignation, such as it is.
11 > >
12 > > Things need to change in Gentoo though. I've had unsolicited encouragement
13 > > from no less than 5 people in this matter and it reflects a serious
14 > > cultural problem inside Gentoo. Apparently I'm not the only person who has
15 > > been driven to exile by toxic behavior. I'm sure everyone remembers zlg's
16 > > resignation as a trustee motivated by similiar reasons.
17 > >
18 > > This is not healthy for Gentoo as a community, and ultimately as a distro.
21 > It's funny that you mentioned Daniel Campbell because you're using
22 > the same technique as he did. You have some unresolved issues with me,
23 > so first you attack and insult me publicly. At the same time, you try
24 > to portrait yourself as the victim and dramatize into quitting Gentoo,
25 > in order to gain compassion and support for your attack on me. When
26 > that ultimately fails and you don't get the support you expected, you
27 > suddenly find excuses not to quit after all.
28
29 You are misconstruing the motives behind my actions. Since you're not
30 a mind reader you don't have the benefit of seeing what I'm thinking
31 first hand, but allow me to explain.
32
33 When I said "unsolicited", I meant it. I was not expecting people to
34 approach me and explain to me that I was not the only one who was
35 apparently victimized by toxic behavior from you.
36
37 My resignation was not intended to gain compassion. I welcome it, but
38 it was unsolicited. To be blunt, I was surprised.
39
40 The "excuses" you speak of are completely valid, but they were seen by
41 me because of the encouragement I got, and they have nothing to do
42 with me not getting support in an attack on you.
43
44 > I have always been professional towards you. I have never publicly
45 > exposed what you've been doing. You could at least try to be
46 > professional towards me as well.
47
48 I probably could use some education in how to actually be
49 professional. I suffer from autism and social skills often elude me.
50
51 I would however dispute that you have been professional towards me.
52
53 Your legal threat (which btw I've gotten evidence is unfounded) as
54 documented on bug 620010.
55
56 Comments 8 and 9 of bug 620010 made by you, and I quote, "His
57 Foundation membership is a sad joke against the hard-working Gentoo
58 community." and "Thank you for your professional consideration.
59 However, I should like to point out that the request for audit has
60 been based not on whether he is a developer (which is a obvious point)
61 but regarding his 'contributions'. P" both come off as pejorative and
62 insulting, for example the likely sarcasm quotes around
63 "contributions". Calling my membership a sad joke was, in my opinion,
64 completely out of line especially given that I have provided evidence
65 in that bug of my contributions (which to be fair were mostly outside
66 of direct commits to the portage tree). There's also the fact that
67 the bug in question directly concerned me and you neglected to add me
68 to the CC list. My opinion is that I should have found out about it
69 before I noticed it come up in a trustee meeting.
70
71 Even if the commentary was not public at the time it was still made in
72 front of others.
73
74 Furthermore, the reason you cited on the bugzilla regarding my removal
75 from pmaint cited inactivity, however, your commentary on IRC in gpm
76 "[22:56:39] <mgorny> Spyro: because having you around is much more
77 effort to everyone than benefit" contradicts that. Apart from the
78 apparent hostility on your part, I also find the contradiction
79 suggestive of dishonesty on your part on bugzilla.
80
81 For the above reasons I very much disagree that you have been nothing
82 but professional towards me.
83
84 To your credit, I do think you're a strong contributor on a technical
85 front, but your actions give me the impression that your attitude and
86 how you treat people is detrimental to gentoo. No less than 3 others
87 have concurred with this opinion.
90 > --
91 > Best regards,
92 > Michał Górny