From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com>
To: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: New developer: Ron Gemeinhardt (timebandit)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 05:27:03
1 On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
3 >> Actually, your fail was more than that.
4 >>
5 > Tsk I thought you were better-mannered bheekling ;p
8 I had a momentary lapse of reason and had decided to join the ranks of
9 the lesser-mannered among us on these lists. I have since relapsed
10 back to my goody-goody self :p
11
12 >> $(for ACRONYM in ${LinkedIn}; do echo -en "${ACRONYM},"; done; echo -ne
13 >> '\b')
14 >>
15 > Now that *is* fail ;-)
16
17 Crap! I forgot, \b only works for displaying in the terminal; doesn't
18 actually "backspace" :(
21 >> So, where's my free review? ;p
22 >>
23 > isArr LinkedIn || LinkedIn=($LinkedIn)
24 > oIFS=$IFS
25 > IFS=, # This line and next are what you should
26 > echo "${LinkedIn[*]}" # be aware of. cf: /msg greybot $@
27 > IFS=$oIFS
28 >
29 > (We just do: declare -r oIFS=$IFS
30 > ..at the start of our scripts, as it makes life easier in the long-run.)
31
32 Sigh... I think it's better to just live with the extra comma :p
35 ~Nirbheek Chauhan