From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-01-13: call for agenda items
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 11:57:25
1 Dnia 2014-12-28, o godz. 06:43:47
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On 12/27/14 07:34, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
5 > > The next council meeting will be in roughly two weeks time on Tuesday
6 > > 2015-01-13, 19:00 UTC in the #gentoo-council channel on Freenode.
7 > >
8 > > For proposing agenda items and discussion of these, please reply to this mail
9 > > on the gentoo-project mailing list.
10 >
11 > I'd like to add a discussion on glep 39. In particular, under
12 > specifications we have:
13 >
14 > "It may have one or many leads, and the leads are selected by the
15 > members of the project. This selection must occur at least once every 12
16 > months, and may occur at any time."
17 >
18 > That requirement and others in the glep assume two things: 1) we have a
19 > team which is not lame and 2) the team has a lead which is not lame.
20 > We've seen cases where both are true. This gives rise to situations
21 > where we are not sure who's on the team, who is in charge of what, etc.
22 > Worse, someone willing to help out doesn't feel he/she has the authority
23 > to make commits, can't get that authority and feels paralyzed or just
24 > acts without cooperation.
25 >
26 > I'd like to discuss this in light of glep 39 and see if we can't
27 > steamline the workflow in these cases.
28
29 We should also finally decide on a clear way of knowing who's on
30 the team. Right now wiki list seems to be the de-facto solution but
31 many developers simply don't want to get a wiki account...
34 Best regards,
35 Michał Górny