From: Anna Vyalkova <cyber+gentoo@×××××.in>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Taking the signoff bait
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 10:37:39
1 On 2022-06-19 12:33, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > > * the only thing I dislike and sabotage in Gentoo's signoff policy is
3 > > that uses "legal name" instead of "real name" - change that already...
4 >
5 > That wording went through several iterations, the last of which changed
6 > it from "real name" to "legal name" [1].
7 >
8 > IIRC, the rationale behind this change was that "real name" was deemed
9 > to vague, and to account for officially registered pseudonyms.
10 > For example, the German passport has an optional field "religious name
11 > or pseudonym" [2].
12 >
13 > Ulrich
14 >
15 > [1] https://gitweb.gentoo.org/data/glep.git/commit/glep-0076.rst?id=dcc841a715dfa077258fa3f8bef5f15ee22148cb
16 > [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_passport#Following_page
17
18 You can explain "real name" differently. I'd write:
19 > like how you introduce yourself to colleagues
20
21 I'll send a patch for the GLEP after the elections.