From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Code of conduct
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 18:57:22
1 >>>>> On Tue, 01 Oct 2013, Rick "Zero Chaos" Farina wrote:
2
3 > On 10/01/2013 06:45 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
4 >> This would imply mirror restriction for some of our packages
5 >> (mostly fortune cookies and some artwork, but also packages like
6 >> app-admin/sudo). However, with USE=offensive we already have a
7 >> mechanism in place that covers such cases, so I believe that no
8 >> further action is needed there.
9
10 > Mirror restricting something like sudo because of the optional and
11 > properly named offensive use flag is rediculous. Either this kind of
12 > thing is okay and it stays, or we won't allow it and the flag should
13 > be removed. Please, sanity first, mirror restricting something with
14 > offensive language just hurts user experience for the (in this case
15 > core) package.
16
17 Exactly. The wording of the CoC should be changed, to make clear that
18 it applies only to communication between individuals, not to packages
19 that we distribute.
20
21 I'd also be fine with rich0's suggestion, i.e. to use the existing CoC
22 as a starting point.
23
24 Ulrich