From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developers
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 14:45:55
1 On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 07:07:31 -0700
2 Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 2:11 AM, Andreas K. Huettel
5 > <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Am Freitag, 18. August 2017, 22:17:09 CEST schrieb William L.
8 > > Thomson Jr.:
9 > > > Looks like a couple new devs came in unannounced under the radar.
10 > > >
11 > > [snip]
12 > >
13 > > William,
14 > >
15 > > please stop it. We (as in Gentoo) don't have to explain our actions
16 > > to you. Nor do you dictacte our policy.
19 > I concur in this case.
20 >
21 > And even if you do have grounds to raise an objection or even comment
22 > about it, there are better ways and more appropriate venues. The
23 > rhetoric about "java needing help" and especially the personal
24 > attacks of calling them "green" have no place on this list and the
25 > overall tone of your post came off as negative and condescending.
26
27 I made every statement with saying I hope I am wrong. Which I was as I
28 have stated already.
29
30 > IMO, if you really want to help gentoo out, the first thing you could
31 > do is improve your attitude and make yourself easier to work with.
32
33 Have you ever worked with me? Nope...
34
35 They are completely green wrt to Java and starting with a new JDK ie
36 Java 9s is NOT entry level stuff IMHO. But what do I know...
40 William L. Thomson Jr.