From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-02-10
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 19:11:40
On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 11:28 AM Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
> > Please respond to this message on the gentoo-project mailing list with > agenda items. >
Proctors has received a few different requests for appeals of IRC channel bans. Right now this is not clearly in our scope so we've declined to accept these appeals (anything actual SAID which is a CoC violation on IRC would be in scope, though we try to avoid redundancy with channel ops if they're already handling things). Communications with comrel suggest that it isn't clear that they consider it in their scope either. Can Council define an appeals process for appeals of moderation decisions in general for any official Gentoo communications media? I think we have this for mailing lists, as Proctors is the only real moderation there and Proctors does have an appeals process. I think IRC and Forums are the areas with gaps - to the extent that either has an appeals process I can't find it documented anywhere (I welcome leads in both areas to comment). I'll start a separate thread on -project to discuss options/etc. -- Rich