From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Does the council need a lead?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 01:02:37

On 17-04-2010 23:49, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> Does the council need a lead? All top-level projects have a lead > except the council. Should we maintain this exception?
What do we mean by a council lead? If we're talking about someone to oversee their meetings, then I see no problem with it. If we're talking about a Gentoo Lead, then I'm against that as I don't want to ever see the council reduced to a single person body - there are some advantages to collective bodies. One of them is the requirement for people to talk and to be able to generate a consensus.