From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Resignation
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 03:00:50
1 On 17-12-16 00:34:03, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 >
3 > mgorny again showed up; this time accusing me of being a "do-nothing
4 > politician". Thankfully, I kept an activity log of everything I did for
5 > the Foundation, and `git log --committer=zlg@g.o` will show you
6 > everything I did in the tree. Yes, I made mistakes. Some of them rookie
7 > ones. But given that I wasn't being paid for my work, and time spent
8 > on Gentoo meant time I couldn't spend on other things (like personal
9 > projects), I needed to make a value decision: was I willing to continue
10 > donating labor to an organization that didn't notice my work unless
11 > I screwed up? If I was truly as ineffectual as those who claimed it
12 > (rich0), what was the point of continuing? The cricitism I received
13 > during my time as a developer was demotivating and didn't acknowledge
14 > any of the *correct* things I did; how exactly was I going to improve?
17 zlg has made comments about rich0 that he as been asked to verify. As
18 there has been no response to the request for more information, the
19 Trustees are retracting the comment and wish to apologize to rich0 for
20 the inconvenience.
23 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)
24 President, Gentoo Foundation