From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Temporary DevRel actions for CoC violations
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 17:59:09
1 On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > For me, this problem is critical. Devrel is working on formalizing a new
3 > policy, and we will announce news on this soon. In the meantime, to
4 > prevent further escalations, I will use my lead powers to request
5 > immediate bans whenever I see one of you violate the CoC[2] and ignore
6 > the previous warnings.
7
8 Perhaps a bit of a sledgehammer approach, but right now I think it is
9 safe to say that we're leaning far too on the side of leniency. I
10 look forward to the new policy proposals.
11
12 Oh, I do endorse the previous suggestion that we come up with another
13 way of appointing people to Devrel. My personal opinion is that it
14 should be appointed by Council (perhaps taking into account
15 recommendations from the Devrel team and others). Others have
16 suggested direct election. Either would give the team a bit more of a
17 mandate. That isn't really directed at the current team in particular
18 - it just seems like a better practice. Maybe an analogous situation
19 that works well is that the Trustees grant an annual budget to Infra
20 for routine maintenance. Anything reasonable charged against that
21 budget gets signed off by the Treasurer with no further discussion,
22 and any need outside the budget goes through the normal approval
23 process. Delegate and hands off...
24
25 Rich