From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 15:31:49
1 On Sunday, November 13, 2016 9:57:18 AM EST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > I don't consider myself a guardian of somebody's past dream of Gentoo.
4 > I represent the people who are contributing to it today.
5
6 That is likely part of the problem, no respect for founders or their vision.
7 Thankfully the US is not that way, nor are most things. Most things tend to
8 have greater respect for the founders and their vision.
9
10 > I'm not convinced things would be any better if we just went back to
11 > the way things used to be in the good old days. A lot of things have
12 > changed in that time.
13
14 I doubt you will ever given how many times you mention status quo and your
15 comments. You are so deep in things you cannot see the issues from the
16 outside. It is called having a closed mind vs open. Also not sure why YOU have
17 to be convinced. You could simple let others do what you do not believe in and
18 see the outcome.
19
20 Allot has changed, most not for the good. Gentoo is now where near where it
21 was then, not in activity, developers, community, popularity, etc.
22
23 Gentoo can return to glory!
26 William L. Thomson Jr.