From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Gentoo <--> Sabayon Relation
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:52:09
1 On Thursday, 2. August 2007 14:29, Steve Long wrote:
2 > Personally I think ixnay should just become a gentoo dev and have
3 > sabayon as his own private project (overlay, profile, make.conf)
4 > within gentoo, while still keeping the bugzilla and forums separate.
5 > Then he could contribute back to gentoo a lot more effectively.
6 > [Please don't flame me, I have nfc what the politics are.]
7
8 Gentoo devs will look at bugs that affect Sabayon users when they're
9 reproducible in vanilla Gentoo environments. If not, how to support
10 them? This is the same with all other unofficial overlays.
11
12 As far as making ixnay a developer goes, I rather think he would not
13 want to do that anyway, especially with his weird ideas to "fork away
14 from [Gentoo's] bugs" [1] and give Gentoo back to drobbins.
15
16 Would having him as a developer do any good community wise? I don't
17 know, but after reading [2, the last paragraphs], my guess is 'no'.
18
19 Regards,
20
21 Robert