From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Gentoo <--> Sabayon Relation
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:52:09
On Thursday, 2. August 2007 14:29, Steve Long wrote:
> Personally I think ixnay should just become a gentoo dev and have > sabayon as his own private project (overlay, profile, make.conf) > within gentoo, while still keeping the bugzilla and forums separate. > Then he could contribute back to gentoo a lot more effectively. > [Please don't flame me, I have nfc what the politics are.]
Gentoo devs will look at bugs that affect Sabayon users when they're reproducible in vanilla Gentoo environments. If not, how to support them? This is the same with all other unofficial overlays. As far as making ixnay a developer goes, I rather think he would not want to do that anyway, especially with his weird ideas to "fork away from [Gentoo's] bugs" [1] and give Gentoo back to drobbins. Would having him as a developer do any good community wise? I don't know, but after reading [2, the last paragraphs], my guess is 'no'. Regards, Robert [1] http://planet.sabayonlinux.org/?p=59 [2] http://blog.funtoo.org/2007/07/your-choices-with-gentoo.html#comment-4217148738650819530