From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:11:43
1 My personal opinion:
2
3 If gentoo does a good job at making a kick-ass distro that I can run on my
4 PC and eke out every bit of performance possible while maintaining total
5 control over how my system is configured, then gentoo succeeds.
6
7 Ditto if it serves well for server admins.
8
9 Now, its long term ability to sustain that goal could well depend on social
10 fliff-flaff like project structure, governance, and CoC issues that could
11 well drive away people...some of which Gentoo may be better off with, and
12 some who Gentoo's users would miss the contributions from.
13
14 I am not an expert in judging who fits where on that "future value"
15 spectrum, but I do know based on logic that it is a very important thing to
16 get right.
19 On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 11:13 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. <wlt-ml@××××××.com>