From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:13:16
1 M. J. Everitt wrote:
2
3 > So, how many readers would feel 'better' about the situation if the
4 > process was actually more Balanced .. that there was some form of
5 > 'defence' as Chi puts it.
6
7 Note that I am not calling for introducing a defense. It would be one
8 way to address the concerns voiced in this discussion, but that can be
9 achieved in different ways too.
10
11 Actually what I would like to see most is a yearly critical review of
12 ComRel activities by elected community members. This was suggested
13 elsewhere in this discussion already. These reviewers should get full
14 access to ComRel records and try hard to poke holes into everything that
15 ComRel did that year. They then release their findings in a public
16 summary, and provide a detailed report to Council.
17
18 The rest of the year the reviewers could be on standby, or their group
19 disbanded, etc. Such details would need to be worked out in a formal
20 proposal.
21
22 > I think there is definitely merit in some form of 'mediation' project or
23 > sub-project or some-such function in Gentoo, that can act to resolve
24 > interpersonal conflicts that may occur from cultural and/or language
25 > differences between people, before they need referral to ComRel.
26
27 If you look at Project:ComRel in the wiki, you will find "mediation"
28 mentioned many times. I would support such a project only if it turns
29 out that ComRel declined to include mediation in cases where it was
30 called for by policy.
33 Best regards,
34 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn