From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] New Overlays project guide
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 21:27:57
1 On 5/2/16 5:22 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello, everyone.
3 >
4 > The documentation of Overlays project [1,2,3] is in pretty bad shape
5 > right now. Aside to being outdated, I find the current form not very
6 > readable or focused. The large number of short sections makes reading
7 > harder, and a lot of information is either useless or goes outside
8 > the scope of project documentation.
9 >
10 > For this reason, I would like to replace the documentation with a new,
11 > short guide I've written [4]. The goal would be to make it a 'how
12 > to...' form of guide focused on Gentoo Overlays project-specific
13 > topics. Right now it covers requesting repositories and reporting bugs
14 > on them. Additional topics can be added if necessary.
15 >
16 > I would like to explicitly avoid including documentation belonging
17 > elsewhere such as layman user guides, partial ebuild development guides
18 > or VCS guides.
19 >
20 > What do you think?
21 >
22 > [1]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Overlays/Policy
23 > [2]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Overlays/Dev_Guide
24 > [3]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Overlays/User_Guide
25 > [4]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Overlays/New_overlays_guide
29 I like it.
32 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
33 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
34 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
35 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
36 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA