From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Official rsync->git mirror & 'Git mirror' project announcement
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:12:49
1 Hello, everyone.
2
3 I have the pleasure to announce that the official rsync2git mirror is
4 up and running [1] thanks to Sven Wegener. It is updated from rsync
5 every 30 minutes, and can be used both to sync your local Gentoo
6 installs and to submit improvements via pull requests (see README [2]
7 for some details).
8
9 At the same time, I have established the 'Git Mirror' [3] project which
10 welcomes developers willing to help reviewing the pull requests
11 and helping those improvements reach package maintainers.
12
13 For users, this means that we now have a fairly efficient syncing
14 method and a pull request-based workflow for submitting fixes.
15 The auto-synced repository can also make proxy-maint workflow easier.
16
17 For developers, this either means:
18
19 a. if you want to help us, join the team, watch the pull requests.
20 CC maintainers when appropriate, review, even work towards merging
21 the changes with approval of the maintainers,
22
23 b. if you want to support git users, just wait till we CC you and then
24 review, help, merge :),
25
26 c. if you don't want to support git users, just ignore the repo. We'll
27 bother you directly after the changes are reviewed and ready :).
28
29 [1]:https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-portage-rsync-mirror
30 [2]:https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-portage-rsync-mirror#README
31 [3]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Git_mirror