From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Ecosystem
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 18:00:02
1 Hey all,
2
3 I've recently picked up the beautiful "Gentoo Ecosystem" graphics that the
4 Funtoo guys prepared, and updated it (we had it as a poster at FOSDEM). My
5 updates were very much quick-and-rough, and I suspect there are still things
6 missing, dates wrong, ...
7
8 So... If you're interested in the history of Gentoo and its surroundings, and
9 if you want to help,
10
11 * clone https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-ecosystem
12 * pick a distribution and do research on it
13 * and start documenting your findings in the "notes" subdirectory
14 (one file per distro, plain text)
15
16 [Please document your sources and explain a bit in the text file - but please
17 also keep the amount of copy/pasted text to what counts as a citation.]
18
19 I'll be happy to add the data to the actual graphics then, but of course feel
20 free to try to do that yourself as well (the format is a bit iffy).
21
22 Gentoo devs should be able to commit directly, everyone else is encouraged to
23 file pull requests.
24
25 Cheers,
26 Andreas
31 Andreas K. Hüttel
32 dilfridge@g.o
33 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)