From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Re: A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:53:24
1 Steve Long wrote:
2 > Well technically the Foundation used to be legal title-holder to all
3 Gentoo
4 > assets. He's talking about the Trustees exerting control over the
5 > developers, which is something it was explicitly set up not to do; the
6 > Council are the ultimate authority for all developers. So in a sense he's
7 > trying to take control over the whole thing (even though it would be
8 a new
9 > legally disjoint entity) in one swoop. Some people will applaud that,
10 > others not. *shrug*
11
12 Well correct me if I am wrong but if the foundation is no more then
13 wouldn't/hasn't everything revert(ed) back to him anyway?
14 >
15 > The SFC thing is far more like the old Foundation tbh. Only they have
16 > professional admins, accountants and lawyers. ;)
17 >
18 >> At the very least I would only consider his offer when I had some sort
19 >> of information on the offer. Negotiations are whats needed, not an
20 >> instant accept/decline
21 >
22 > Yeah, only he explicitly rules out any negotiation and set a very tight
23 > deadline to accept or refuse. I pleaded with him to change only the terms
24 > (no discussion/deadline and all his appointees) believe it or not. meh.
25 > "Railroading" is the only term that seems apt to me.
26 >
27 That is just a negotiation manoeuvre, forcing Gentoo to act
28 --
29 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list