From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 13:28:16
1 Seemant Kulleen schrieb:
2 > Can we please put the guns away now? William is in a heightened state
3 > of agitation, and silencing him or adding emails like this will only
4 > stoke the fires of agitation more. Silencing him isn't going to "make
5 > the problem go away."
6 >
7 > What I am witnessing on this list is a voice (or more) railing against
8 > an impersonal bureaucracy (full of "pass the buck" -- don't like
9 > ComRel, go to council; don't like council? go to council; don't like
10 > Gentoo, speak; don't like Gentoo, but not like by Gentoo, don't speak).
11 >
12 > I would like to suggest that maybe there is a degree of correctness in
13 > the angst that people have expressed about ComRel (and Council and the
14 > Gentoo Bureaucracies in general).
15
16 For the record, I have continued to discuss this with William in
17 private, and it was fine with no name-calling or accusations. Being
18 non-confrontational goes a long way I guess.
19
20 And yes, I too am highly critical of the recent actions and the current
21 set of rules surrounding ComRel. But circumventing the mailing list ban
22 is not going to achieve anything. It will only increase the trouble,
23 which is all I pointed out.
26 Best regards,
27 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn