From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] 2021 retrospective
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 15:12:00
1 Hi Fellow Gentoo-ers,
2
3 Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o> writes:
4
5 > On 20.11.2021 0.32, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
6 >> Hey all,
7 >>
8 >> in the spirit of our "2020 in retrospect & happy new year 2021!" front page article,
9 >>
10 >> https://www.gentoo.org/news/2021/01/15/new-year.html
11 >>
12 >> which was rather well received, I'd already like to start collecting news from 2021!
13 >>
14 >> Suggestions, text snippets, illustrations welcome- either as a reply here on-list, or
15 >> directly to me.
16 >>
17 >> Cheers,
18 >> Andreas
21 > Cross-posting to -project.
22
23 One input:
24
25 Yiyang Wu finished the packaging of ROCm, the open software platform for
26 GPU compute[1]. Gentoo Linux becomes the first distribution offering
27 free software GPU computing framework adhere to the Filesystem Hierarchy
28 Standard (FHS)[2]. The project was supported by Open Source Promotion
29 Plan (OSPP)[3] and based on the pioneer work of Wilfried Holzke, Craig
30 Andrews and contributers from the community.
31
32 Stay tuned for ROCm-enabled applications from Gentoo, such as Numba,
33 CuPy, TensorFlow and PyTorch.
34
35 1. https://www.amd.com/en/graphics/servers-solutions-rocm
36 2. https://refspecs.linuxfoundation.org/fhs.shtml