From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Arch teams Resources (round 2) - General issues
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 10:30:23
1 On 5/10/11 10:56 PM, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > The reason non-x86/amd64 architectures are so close to x86/amd64 is that
3 > people using "alternative" archs rarely fail to install. The x86/amd64
4 > numbers start out about 2–3x higher at the beginning of the handbook,
5 > but most of them don't complete it.
6
7 I just thought about a different possible explanation. When I'm setting
8 up new chroots or other test installs, I frequently only look up
9 information from the first pages of the handbook, like what's the exact
10 command to unpack the stage or what's the right order of steps. Setting
11 up the logger, cron and so on usually doesn't require referring to the
12 handbook.
13
14 > It's tough to know how long an installation sticks around, but that many
15 > new installs per day is pretty impressive.
16
17 Yeah, and also it looks like the interest in arches like sparc, ppc,
18 hppa and so on is much higher than what I expected. That's great!