From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Gentoo Foundation
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 22:08:53
1 On 19-06-27 00:03:16, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 6/26/19 11:54 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:
3 > > On 19-06-26 21:45:48, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
4 > >> On 6/25/19 1:23 AM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
5 > >>> To the Council nominees, I put forward the following questions, around
6 > >>> the Gentoo Foundation:
7 > >>>
8 > >>> 1. What's your opinion of the past relationship between the Council &
9 > >>> Foundation?
10 > >>
11 > >> The council has been critical of the way the foundation has been run,
12 > >> for good reasons.
13 > >>
14 > >
15 > > Do you mind enumerating the reasons and the actions you wish to see
16 > > taken?
17 >
18 > The foundation has failed to run an operation in accordance with the
19 > laws and legislation of a foundation when it comes to, in particular,
20 > accounting matters of a number of years, which is a disgrace. The
21 > primary responsibility of the board of directors and its officers is to
22 > ensure that the foundation comply with applicable laws and file the
23 > necessary paperwork for its operation for things including tax matters.
26 True, though in our defense we were handed basically nothing and have
27 been picking up the pieces sense. Good news is that we've found a firm
28 finally and have used them to get our status with the IRS. Stuff beyond
29 that is in progress (not sure if it's right to vote for something so
30 expensive right before the trustee election).
33 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)