From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: recruiters@g.o, Alex Buell <alex.buell@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] AT - SPARC and JAVA
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 21:59:59
1 On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Alex Buell <alex.buell@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2011-04-03 at 22:18 +0100, Alex Buell wrote:
3 >
4 >> On the advice of Matts88 on IRC, I would like to volunteer to become an
5 >> AT for the SPARC architecture, I am looking for a mentor to help take me
6 >> through the process of becoming an AT on SPARC to help with JAVA. I have
7 >> done some valuable work on SPARC with the aim of making JAVA usable on
8 >> that architecture over the past year.
9 >>
10 >> I have completed the ebuild quiz and now waiting for a mentor to start
11 >> the process.
12 >
13 > Oh dear, I need to apologise for the duplicated e-mails. To correct a
14 > few things, it is Mattst88 who has advised me to e-mail the mailing list
15 > directly and I am looking at becoming AT and maybe a developer.
16 >
17 > Thanks and sorry about the duplicated e-mails!
18 >
19 > Alex
20
21 Well, now that I can't claim no knowledge of this...
22
23 Alex is already an arch tester for SPARC, helping test packages and
24 such. He's also interested in joining the Java team and has
25 bootstrapped IcedTea on SPARC.
26
27 The SPARC team is pretty thin, so he's having a little trouble finding
28 a mentor. armin76 and I have helped him a little with the ebuild quiz,
29 which he has now completed. The ebuild quiz has not been reviewed by
30 anyone to my knowledge.
31
32 Any volunteers to mentor him?
33