From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 01:10:11
1 On Wednesday, November 9, 2016 6:42:07 PM EST Daniel Campbell wrote:
2 > Maybe
3 > we should look at council<->trustees as well.
4
5 I took care of that years ago when I conducted a public review of the by laws.
6 This is what caused me to resign as a Trustee and then Developer...
7
8 A member of Comrel ( Chrissy Fullam <musikc> ) who was harassing me, was a
9 girlfriend now wife of a Council member ( Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2> ).
10 Chris/wolf31o2 was a Foundation member in the past. Chrissy/musikc and a few
11 others took GREAT issue with me adding to the By Laws. That you CANNOT be on
12 Council and Foundation.
13
14 Thankfully the By Laws that were adopted retained this provision I fought and
15 paid a hard price for, but it was worth it!!!!
16
17 "No individual shall serve as a Gentoo Foundation Trustee and Gentoo Council
18 Member concurrently"
19 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Bylaws#Section_5.2._Qualification
20
21 Here is that thread, you can see it was the first thread after I resigned. It
22 was one of the major reasons why I resigned and my Comrel issues in
23 2008. Chrissy Fullam <musikc> was a member of comrel in 2008....
24
25 Chrissy Fullam <musikc> Sun, 31 Aug 2008
26 "I cannot understand why a person cannot be on the Council and on the
27 Trustees? We had someone do so in the past and no conflicts or issues arose.
28 What is the reasoning that a person cannot serve on the technical team and
29 the legal team? "
30 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/message/
31 a3f9cc7d3d7d4be99202353a2950f0ce
32
33 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr> Resignation Wed, 27 Aug 2008
34 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/message/
35 dc2f34046910b10e6ddcb8304410046b
38 William L. Thomson Jr.