From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] glep-0076: add clarification about the sign-off requirements
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 10:30:47
1 On 29.7.2021 12.53, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >
3 > I think that contributions on Github can be counted as a subset of my
4 > case e), i.e. they have an independent indication of their license.
5 >
6 > This is by section D.6 of Github's terms of service [1]:
7 >
8 > | Whenever you add Content to a repository containing notice of a
9 > | license, you license that Content under the same terms, and you agree
10 > | that you have the right to license that Content under those terms. If
11 > | you have a separate agreement to license that Content under different
12 > | terms, such as a contributor license agreement, that agreement will
13 > | supersede.
16 Works for me, your examples from a. to f. looks good, but how do you
17 suggest the GLEP is to be updated so these become clear for everyone?
18 Talking about contributors, and final contribution committers (devs). I
19 could imagine a simple "examples" paragraph with your suggestion written
20 in it word-to-word.
21
22 -- juippis