From: Michael Jones <gentoo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] utilizing GH functionality that Gentoo infra does not provide
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:43:59
1 On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 6:48 AM Maciej Barć <xgqt@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > GURU already started experimenting with usage of GH's CI [1],
4 > though I can't skip over a very irritating fact: GH seems to think that
5 > there is only one Linux-based OS ("runs-on: ubuntu-latest"). IMO it
6 > would be better to run the CI on Gentoo's containers - which is possible
7 > with GitLab's CI.
8 > Also, on GitLab we do not have to pull images from official Docker
9 > registry [2].
12 Do you mean to imply that Github's CI doesn't support Linux other than
13 Ubuntu? Or do you mean instead that Github's CI only supports non-Ubuntu as
14 docker containers?
15
16 An example of using a non-Ubuntu Linux container can be found here:
17 https://github.com/ninja-build/ninja/blob/25cdbae0ee1270a5c8dd6ba67696e29ad8076919/.github/workflows/linux.yml#L13
18
19 But perhaps you already knew that an I simply misunderstood your meaning.