From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] The meaning of RESOLVED/UPSTREAM on bugzie
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:49:29
1 On czw, 2017-03-30 at 21:50 +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 03/30/2017 09:40 PM, Kent Fredric wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:50:59 -0400
4 > > "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > It may even be possible to force this pragmatically. Require a comment with
7 > > > any status/keyword change via code. Form submit validation requirement. That
8 > > > way no one can get around it. It also does not require further enforcement,
9 > > > social or otherwise :)
10 > >
11 > > Or, as a hybrid between that suggestion and my other "packaged response", perhaps
12 > > pre-fill the comment section with a templated response for various resolution types.
13 > >
14 > > That way it discourages using the wrong resolution, by way of forcing you to either
15 > > say the template, or delete the templated answer and provide your own.
16 > >
17 > > Eh, but I see potential implementation fun there.
20 > It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to argue a template text is
21 > redundant information given the statuses are already defined one click
22 > away. Maybe people should read them a bit more often, which itself can
23 > be a documentation issue... but still..
26 You are wrongly assuming that Gentoo developers are going to read
27 documentation and follow it, rather than reinventing the existing status
28 to their own purposes.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny