From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Nominations for Gentoo Council 2014 / 2015
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 13:19:00
1 Alexander Berntsen:
2 > 14. Julian Ospald (hasufell)
3
4 I'm not sure how I can improve gentoo as a council member. I don't feel
5 fit for it currently anyway. My experience is limited.
6
7 The main power in gentoo does not come from the council, so if you want
8 to change anything, that's not even the place to start.
9
10 In fact, I don't think there is any room left for change, so the council
11 is rather a group of devs that tries to keep status quo, so the system
12 does not fall apart.
13
14 Although I am very political, I don't even think I could change anything
15 here, even outside of the council. The system is so fixed that you get
16 frustrated very early and eventually start to cause frustration as well.
17 I'm trying to minimize that, but it doesn't always work out.
18
19 In addition, I don't need anything to put on my CV. I stick to the work
20 I'm still interested in and try to avoid conflicts, unless they are all
21 over me already.
22
23 That's a clear no.