From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Kenton Groombridge (concord)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 15:49:51
1 On Sat, May 07, 2022 at 11:04:40AM +0300, Joonas Niilola wrote:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > it is my pleasure to keep announcing new developers joining the project.
5 > We have Kenton Groombridge coming from the USA!
6 >
7 > Here's how Kenton describes himself:
8 > "I am a DevOps and systems integration engineer by day and a rookie
9 > security researcher by night. My first introduction to Gentoo is
10 > courtesy of my father, who has been a Gentoo user for almost 20 years
11 > now. Thanks to him my comfort with Gentoo has never left me even though
12 > as a youngin I only wanted to play my W*ndows games! Now that I find
13 > myself needing a more streamlined workflow and wanting to be more
14 > connected with the tools that I use, I'm proud to say that Gentoo has
15 > always been my home sweet home on the workstation."
16 >
17 > (intervention: what a great upbringing!)
18 >
19 > "For the past 2 years I've been learning SELinux and submitting policy
20 > patches upstream. In an effort to become more connected with Gentoo and
21 > its users, I am hoping to help the Gentoo Hardened and SELinux projects.
22 > If any readers out there are consumers of these profiles, you may
23 > already be using some of my patches!"
24 >
25 > Seeing how Kenton already has over 200 commits on our hardened-refpolicy
26 > repo, he's most likely right about that! Gentoo's security just got...
27 > enhanced.
28 > Please give him a warm welcome to the Gentoo family!
29 >
30 > -- juippis
31
32 Welcome, Kenton!