From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:51:12
1 On 05-08-2011 00:51:51 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > > I think we have to agree to disagree on this one. The corporate norm
3 > > of checks and balances is to have applications for expenditure, be it
4 > > for trivial sums or large capital items, to be signed off by
5 > > someone/some group with no interest in the outcome, so they can make
6 > > an objective decision.
7 > >
8 > > e.g. I can sign off travel and expenses for others but not for myself.
9 >
10 > At least in my experience, each division would receive its own budget
11 > with independent spending authority. This is subject to auditing but
12 > only in retrospect, not prior to the expense taking place.
13
14 Do you suggest the Council should have money to spend?
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level