From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Reminder: please submit your project status ACKs
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 08:37:03
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 On 18th of July, I've sent mails requesting status reports to aliases of
4 the all Gentoo projects. The mail contained copy of the project
5 metadata, some generic project management help detail and requested
6 a short reply -- either 'ACK' if the project did not need help,
7 or a specific request otherwise.
8
9 First of all, I would like to thank you all for your replies. From what
10 I gather, most of the developers found the mails helpful. In a few
11 cases, they started internal project discussions on the state of
12 affairs. I've also got a long list of projects that need more manpower.
13
14 Only two people have replied with insults to me. It's funny how they
15 were able to insult me almost instantaneously but found it incredibly
16 difficult to reply with 'ACK'.
17
18 However, before I get to more detailed analysis of the results, I've
19 still got 51 unanswered reports. Some of them really look like active
20 projects, so I'm wondering what's the problem. A few developers have
21 noticed that their mail filters have thrown the mail in random folders,
22 so if you can't find the mail, please just ping me.
23
24 If you have replied and I've failed to remove the entry, then I'm sorry.
25 Please just ping me and I'll do it.
26
27 The projects for which I have received no reply are (by e-mail user
28 part):
29
30 alsa-bugs
31 apache-bugs