From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:12:58
1 Dnia 2015-09-30, o godz. 22:05:11
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > >>>>> On Wed, 30 Sep 2015, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >
6 > >> We would need a "shortname" or "id" field in the project page
7 > >> template, e.g. "Quality Assurance" -> "qa" (but I guess most would
8 > >> be trivial, like "Emacs" -> "emacs"). I've already discussed this
9 > >> with a3li some time ago, and there should be no technical problems.
10 >
11 > > And what's the technical problem of using e-mail address instead
12 > > which is already there and is a valid global identifier? Why do we
13 > > have to duplicate more information when we can use something we need
14 > > there anyway?
15 >
16 > Because the mapping from projects to e-mail addresses is neither
17 > injective nor surjective.
18
19 If you really believe so... are you going to change Bugzilla as well
20 not to rely on e-mail addresses?
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny
25 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>