From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: Expanding Foundation Bylaws, section 4.9 Termination from Membership
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 08:32:32
1 On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > W dniu pią, 09.02.2018 o godzinie 00∶48 -0700, użytkownik Daniel Robbins
4 > napisał:
5 > > Ulm,
6 > >
7 > > You are using hyperbole. A majority vote of trustees is required. That is
8 > > not haphazard, as you state -- it is a process that requires majority
9 > > consensus of elected officials. We assume that the trustees are looking
10 > out
11 > > for the project. The trustees are there to protect the community so they
12 > > must have this ability.
15 > You seem to have a very idealistic assumption of who Trustees are
16 > and how they are 'elected'.
19 I really am not in a position to 'judge' the trustees. I do know that they
20 are elected. So if a trustee does a bad job, they can be voted out by the
21 members. This is the responsibility of the members -- to do research and
22 use their vote wisely. I also know that being a trustee is often a
23 thankless job and involves lots of necessary work that often isn't very fun
24 to do.
25
26 Best,
27