From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 01:58:31
1 On 13/11/16 01:54, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 11/13/2016 02:53 AM, M. J. Everitt wrote:
3 >
4 >>>> With respect, Kristian, I really don't believe we have a problem with
5 >>>> technical matters ... ;]
6 >>>>
7 >>> The description above is a normative description of how things works in
8 >>> the general case, which doesn't involve comrel. The latter is only
9 >>> involved when the usual dispute resolution is not applicable due to
10 >>> personnel making technical issues personal.
11 >>>
12 >> Ok so for the sake of clarity, we have a purely technical issue, which
13 >> is either right or wrong .. and then someone takes it as a personal
14 >> affront, instead of being mature and professional, and accepting the
15 >> correction, learning the lesson, to put into practise in future. So
16 >> instead of the issue being purely technical .. said person MAKES it
17 >> personal .. and therefore themselves causes a conflict .. which requires
18 >> some form of Discipline .. which breeds hate .. and ...
19 >>
20 >> .. you see where I'm going .. ?!
21 >>
22 > At which point ComRel is the applicable body
23 >
24 And this is where I think we are all going wrong ........ it should
25 indeed never *ever* reach that point. Are we not all agreed on that
26 point maybe???