From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Returning dev: Sven "SwifT" Vermeulen
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:28:44
1 It is a pleasure for me to announce the return of a dev, which will probably be well known to those,
2 who have been around for some time in Gentoo:
3
4 Sven is joining us from Belgium and plans to help out the hardened team with selinux and also the
5 docs team. This is, how he describes himself:
6
7 > I'm a work-a-holic who works as systems analyst at an international financial
8 > institution. Its my job there to watch over the IT strategy and enterprise
9 > architecture, especially concerning databases and scheduling technologies, and
10 > keep track of business requirements & budget allocations as well as "special"
11 > cases that want to deviate from standards. For my work, I often need to travel
12 > abroad to central-europe (and occasionally elsewhere for education or
13 > conferences) so who knows that I'll eventually come by to say hi at local
14 > Gentoo gatherings
15 >
16 > I've always loved to work in the security field (as security requires
17 > knowledge and I'm a good learner) but with a close eye on the real users.
18 > Hence my affinity with documentation writing.
19 >
20 > Beyond IT, I have a daughter (born in 2008) whom I would do anything for (and
21 > for some reason, she knows it) and a girlfriend (the mother of my daughter).
22 > I'm addicted to sugar (in the form of desserts) and like a strong beer once in
23 > a while (but I'm not really a heavy drinker - also no light beers or wine).
24 > I'm fond of movies but don't like to watch television (as a matter of fact, we
25 > do not have any television distribution at all).
28 So please give him a warm welcome and a feeling of coming home by adding him enough new bugs. ;-)