From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 11:07:26
1 On 10/9/15 6:58 AM, hasufell wrote:
2 > On 10/09/2015 12:50 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >> Once that happens, we have important history on infrastructure
4 >> outside of our control.
5 > That implies IRC. And important discussions DO happen there.
6
7 I have logs where I tried to get devs to discuss an issue on a bug
8 rather than IRC so others could see it. They resisted. So to some
9 degree yes.
12 > The history however is saved. The same goes for github (saved via github
13 > mail notifications).
14
15 Actually that may be the way around this. If we could archive those and
16 have them searchable that would address my concern and I would change my
17 position. This seems doable.
21 > However, once something needs to be discussed community wide, we
22 > _always_ take that discussion to the public MLs, possibly copying the
23 > relevant history.
24 >
25 > This does not change in any way with github.
28 > Are you suggesting that we move away from IRC now, because not all
29 > important discussions start on our mailing lists?
34 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
35 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
36 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
37 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
38 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA