From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 17:57:57
1 On 08/14/11 18:19, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 [snip]
3
4 > This goes a bit OT, but if a project is dead the council MUST find a
5 > solution to that problem.
6
7 How do you think council will magically do that?
8 You're saying "this group of a few devs will do magic that fixes problems"
9
10 I think that's a very misguided idea, what should happen is that
11 *everyone* gets more involved. Which means ...
12 - blog more so people know what you are doing
13 - recruit people so there are less "single points of failure" - you
14 going on vacation should not stop all progress on KDE
15 - figure out problem areas and make them prettier, even if that's not as
16 much fun. I resurrected a few packages that were neglected, and suddenly
17 users popped up to take care of them. And were immediately recruited :)
18 - lead by example. Want package signing? Figure out prior discussion,
19 provide constructive criticism and then prepare everything so people
20 just have to agree to it
24 > Creating activity is not the only solution.
25 It's the only one with relevant results ;)
26
27 Take care,
28
29 Patrick