From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Agenda for the Gentoo Council meeting 2016-12-11
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 23:26:38
1 On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I would like to propose that the purpose of gentoo-project be more visibly
3 > documented and declared. Apart from william's rants, which do not surprise
4 > me as being off topic, I *was* surprised to have someone yelling at my
5 > former mentor about the posts I was making.
6 >
7 > I would like to suggest that the purpose of the list be more explicitly
8 > documented or at least explained.
11 I'll bring it up along with the topic. Also, please don't reply to
12 -announce (though I suspect in your case it probably bounced your
13 email; if you become a dev at some point you'll want to be careful
14 about it).
15
16 The below is just my personal opinion:
17
18 Honestly, though, I personally don't think that direct personal
19 attacks should really be considered on-topic for any list we host.
20 Constructive discussion and disagreement with what our policies should
21 be is generally on-topic for this list (though let's be realistic, not
22 everybody is ever going to agree completely and repetitiveness isn't
23 helpful even though we might all be passionate about our beliefs).
24 Something that more specifically pertains to a Foundation policy would
25 be more on-topic for the -nfp list. Obviously to some extent there is
26 some overlap in topics across the various lists, and IMO for the most
27 part this stuff hasn't been a problem. I'm personally inclined to
28 think that moving council discussions to a different list or
29 moderating -project is not the right solution at this time.
32 Rich