From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>, alicef@g.o, Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>, "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] A committee to review umbrellas as a new home for Gentoo assets.
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 22:38:57
1 According to the bylaws and NM law, the board may direct the formation of
2 specific committees. I recommend we form an adhoc research committee to do
3 the following:
4
5 1) Draw up a list of requirements for umbrella organizations (output, a
6 document of requirements.)
7 2) Draw up a list of umbrella organizations (SPI, SFC, etc.)
8 3) Evaluate each umbrella organization with regards to requirements in 1.
9 4) Provide a non-binding recommendation to the board.
10
11 NM law requires a committee have at least 2 board members, I nominate
12 myself and Robin. The committee may enlist the assistance of non-board
13 members (many of whom are CC'd; I also CC'd gentoo-project as there are
14 similar threads there.
15
16 Forming such a committee requires a vote of the board; I will put this on
17 the Agenda for the February meeting of the board and we can vote at that
18 time.
19
20 -A