From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 15:44:03

On 08/14/2011 04:35 PM, Roy Bamford wrote:
> On 2011.08.14 14:38, Markos Chandras wrote: > > [snip] >> Bringing council to the game, ensures that these projects will be >> active and managed at a senior level. Right now, there is no >> recovery plan if these teams do not function properly. > > What's the recovery plan if other projects don't function properly? > e.g. Documentation. The install guides still describe setting up > baselayout-1, three months after baselayout-2 was stabilised. See > > Code Listing 1.2: Examples for /etc/conf.d/net > > Hmm. maybe thats a bug as > > is correct for baselayout-2. > > Anyway, I'm sure you get the idea. > > Will the council fix these things too ? Josh, this is just one > example I'm familiar with. not a poke at you being the entire docs > team. > > Why are devrel and QA special? > > To continue with my example, I would suggest that docs are much more > important as they are first point of contact for new users and > without users Gentoo will die. >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>