From: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2017-07-16
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:20:02
1 On 07/12/2017 09:47 AM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 09, 2017 at 06:56:25PM +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
3 >> Dear all,
4 >>
5 >> The new Gentoo Council will meet on Sunday, July 16th at 19:00 UTC
6 >> in #gentoo-council on FreeNode.
7 >>
8 >> Please reply to this message with any items you would like us to discuss
9 >> or vote on.
10 >
11 > Based on the on-going discussion about stabilization policies, I would
12 > like to ask the council to consider moving glep 40 to withdrawn status.
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 >
16 > William
19 I feel like the best approach would be:
20
21 1) amend GLEP 40 to be about all arches
22 2) have amd64 and x86 arch teams publish on their project wiki pages
23 that their official stance wrt the "individual arrangements" portion of
24 GLEP 40 is that they are open to all developers running and testing on a
25 stable installation of that arch to stabilize their own packages
26 3) work on replacing GLEP 40 with something better
29 NP-Hardass