From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Portage team, Zac's development break and stepping down as lead
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 05:38:08
1 This is a general call for developers to join the portage development
2 team.
3
4 aka: Recruiting Drive
5
6 If you have some "Good" python and/or bash skills and want/need to or
7 already know portage's internals. WE NEED YOU!
8
9 We have several non-developer contributors helping out, but it will be
10 very hard to match the productivity Zac has made over these past years.
11
12 For those that don't already know, I've pushed out a new release today.
13 Portage-2.2.8 has made it to the tree with many bug fixes. Many of
14 which were fixed by contributors Sebastian Luther, Arfrever Frehtes
15 Taifersar Arahesis and Alexander Berntsen. A big "Thank You" to them for
16 helping to fill the gap.
17
18 There are still more bugs to work on. More to pin down their cause, so
19 please help where you can.
20
21 It seems for the immediate interim, I have somehow become temporary
22 lead. While I have too many projects on the go to get deep into portage
23 coding work at the moment. I will do what I can. For those that can
24 fix some things, please send patch submittals to the gentoo-portage-dev
25 mail list. There are several of us capable of reviewing the submissions
26 and when ready, merging them.
27
28 Once we get an indication that new volunteers are no longer coming
29 forward to join. We will elect a new lead.
30
31 Those interested in joining, please subscribe to the gentoo-portage-dev
32 list and send an email stating what you can offer and any ideas you have
33 to improve portage's code base.
36 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>