From: "Steven J. Long" <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Re: changing the default of ACCEPT_LICENSE in portage
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 01:47:44
1 hasufell wrote:
2 > Steven J. Long wrote:
3 > > hasufell wrote:
4 > >> The default is currently:
5 > >>
6 > >> ACCEPT_LICENSE:"* -@EULA"
7 > >>
8 > >> in /usr/share/portage/config/make.globals
9 > >
10 > > This is reasonable, but can we have the above old-default commented out in
11 > > make.conf, above the new setting? That way things are transparent, and users
12 > > who want to switch to using non-free can do so easily without the EULA stuff
13 > > being pulled in, aiui it would be if users simply put "*" in there.
14 >
15 > Sure.
16
17 Thanks; that was my main concern.
18
19 > Of course we will test that and we will not just make it in silent, so
20 > people don't get surprised when trying to update their production machines.
21
22 Thanks for the reassurance; and for the work you do on this lovely distro :)
25 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)