From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 13:15:42
1 On 04/12/17 00:37, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > A user requested I forward this information to the mailing list:
3 >
4 > There's been research, on this, and the study by harvard business
5 > school was summarized and discussed by NPR in 2015:
6 >
7 > [ Turns out toxic coworkers are more
8 > than just an annoyance. A new study
9 > out of the Harvard Business School
10 > warns that bullying workers are more costly,
11 > even if they are more productive. ] -- NPR description
12 >
13 > https://www.npr.org/2015/12/16/460024322/harvard-business-school-study-highlights-costs-of-toxic-workers
14 > https://goo.gl/g8Ujuk (short URL of the same)
15 >
16 > With gentoo being a non-profit organization, an alternative way to
17 > view it could be the trade-off of seeing developers / maintainers /
18 > staff leave, and any "lost profits" are in the form of community
19 > relations, image, and willingness for ongoing productive work by those
20 > who remain with the gentoo organization.
21 >
22 > Research paper itself (which includes supporting 57 citations)
23 >
24 > http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Publication%20Files/16-057_d45c0b4f-fa19-49de-8f1b-4b12fe054fea.pdf
25 > https://goo.gl/42A8v7 (short URL of the same)
26 >
27 > ... and was itself cited a dozen or times:
28 >
29 > https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=5443947091657980238
30 > https://goo.gl/obvdzh (short URL of the same)
31 >
32 I refer you also to a former Gentoo developer's talk on "A$$holes on
33 your project" ... [1]
34
35 [1] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZSli7QW4rg