From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: Expanding Foundation Bylaws, section 4.9 Termination from Membership
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 22:36:09
1 On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 3:31 PM, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org> wrote:
4 > "Professional" is more defined by its opposite, "unprofessional". Maybe
5 > there is more consensus around that word. In a professional environment,
6 > people make an effort to be polite, friendly, cooperative. There are
7 > consequences for being disruptive, abusive, rude. Likewise, in Gentoo, we
8 > should have the same. Maybe not as strict -- but a general understanding
9 > that you are part of a community and expected to contribute positively to
10 > the community -- not just positive technical work, but make a positive
11 > contribution as a HUMAN BEING.
14 And I will reply to my own post, and say that it is this friendly,
15 cooperative, supportive behavior that quite a few Gentoo Developers just do
16 naturally, but some may go "What!?! Oh, I am expected to actually be
17 pleasant and positively represent Gentoo in the community!?!? Fuck! I just
18 wanted to work on <insert project here> and be an ass 99% of the time."
19 Let's get the message out that this is not OK.
20
21 -Daniel