From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] changing the default of ACCEPT_LICENSE in portage
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 21:12:08
1 Ulrich Mueller schrieb:
2 > I suggest that we add exactly one "no-source-code" pseudo license.
3 > So binary-only BSD, MIT, etc. packages would be marked "BSD
4 > no-source-code" or "MIT no-source-code". Since the "no-source-code"
5 > license wouldn't be a member of the @FREE license group, installation
6 > of such packages would be prevented with ACCEPT_LICENSE="@FREE".
7
8 And no-source-code means that no public free licensed source code exists at
9 all, or is just not shipped in the distfile? Do we need to distinguish these
10 two? (I think this affects various -bin packages and fonts mostly)
13 Best regards,
14 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn