From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] changing the default of ACCEPT_LICENSE in portage
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:07:06
1 >>>>> On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > To be constructive, I think I'll try building a desktop in a VM and
4 > just see what the day-to-day impact of your proposal actually is.
5 > Nvidia drivers really only come to mind as the biggest stumbling block
6 > for most - the days of proprietary codecs and such are mostly behind
7 > us I think. Those who oppose the change might point out specific
8 > "killer apps" that this gets in the way of.
9
10 I'm using ACCEPT_LICENSE="-* @FREE" since several months now, without
11 problems. There are about 25 packages that I accept in addition in my
12 package.license, though nothing essential (more "nice to have" stuff
13 like games or fonts). And in the case of my laptop, also some
14 firmware.
15
16 Ulrich