From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] The mis-concept of "slacking" in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:51:35

On 06/30/10 05:05, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
> The following is a list with a few reasons to retire inactive developers: > > * security considerations regarding access to Gentoo infra, including > tampering of the tree > * need to ensure that maintainers are accessible, take care of > packages and bugs and that they reply on due time to community > contacts and requests > * desire to have project and team membership, as well as package > maintenance reflect reality > * make it clear what areas of the project are understaffed and what > packages require new maintainers > * need to ensure that developers keep up to date regarding policies > and use of the tree by using it
interesting, thanks for elaborating. I wonder if we could start making a stronger distinction between these two cases of retirement. If it isn't a throw-out I would prefer to have that made so very clear that no one ever feels thrown out that way. Especially that there's no guarantee to be allowed to return feels a bit odd to me. Best, Sebastian

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] The mis-concept of "slacking" in Gentoo "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>